The Detroit Boat Show Poster Contest has been created to find an original piece of art to commemorate and advertise the 60th anniversary of the nationally renowned Detroit Boat Show, February 17-25, 2018. The poster will be displayed in a variety of formats and locations advertising the event. The winner of the contest will be awarded a $500 prize, which is the sole financial consideration for the artist.
Contest Rules (also available in .pdf format in the link above)
- Open to contestants of all talent levels that reside in the state of Michigan, participants under 18 must have parental consent. Not open to the staff of the Michigan Boating Industries Association or their families.
- The poster size must be 18″ x 24″
- Entries must be submitted in a digital format (photographs or scanned copies of the hand drawn posters in a high-res JPEG format). Each entry requires a separate entry form.
- All posters must be created by one individual.
- Each poster entry must contain original artwork, original photography and original copy.
- Poster content must be in good taste and appropriate for all age levels.
- The Detroit Boat Show 60th anniversary logo, show dates, location (Cobo Center) and website (detroitboatshow.net) must be included, other suggestions include:
- Include multiple boat “types” in design (not sailboats)
- See website for more insight on show
- Contestants must be willing to make minor adjustments if deemed necessary and as specified based on feedback from the judges. To be eligible to receive the cash prize, contestants must acknowledge and make the necessary corrections within 2 weeks of notification.
- All Posters must be submitted on or before Monday, September 25, 2017 in a high-res JPEG format (minimum 300 dpi) to email@example.com.
- Evaluations will be evaluated by the Michigan Boating Industries Association Marketing Department.
- Judge’s decision of contest winner is final. Judges will not discuss individual designs with the artist for any reason after the contest.
- All posters or artwork submitted become the sole and exclusive property of the Michigan Boating Industries Association.
- The artist is releasing all legal rights and ownership to the artwork to the Michigan Boating Industries Association, including all reproduction and photography rights, with credit for the artwork being giving to the artist in all accompanying materials.
- The determination of eligibility of entries and any interpretation of these rules is in the sole discretion of the Michigan Boating Industries Association and shall be final and binding on all entrants.