More 2018 Show Highlights Will be Coming Soon!
Wake Rail Jam produced by Step Up Productions
Produced by Step Up Productions, the Rail Jam set-up consists of two pools holding over 50,000 gallons of water. With the aid of a high-speed, gas powered winch, competitors are pulled across a course that packed with rails, sliders, jumps and other features allowing them to get “sick” air and perform crazy tricks. Watch and be amazed as professional wake boarders from all around the country compete against each other in air defying feats.
See more on YouTube!
Twiggy The Water-Skiing Squirrel
“Twiggy’s Lagoon” is known for the World Famous Water-skiing Squirrel. Twiggy has performed in front of millions of people since 1979. She has been all over the world performing in all styles of events such as X-Games, Boat, Travel, RV, and various Trade shows. Twiggy has been in many Movies, TV Shows, and even Commercials over the past few decades. You can follow us @TwiggysLagoon as Twiggy tours the world performing for spectators of all ages!
Watch Twiggy perform on YouTube!
Official Boaters Safety Course at the Detroit Boat Show – FREE!
Learn the rules of the water and other helpful safety tips for boating during a free six-hour boating safety seminar. Remember, passing this exam often accounts for discounts on your boating insurance. Participants will receive a free ticket to the boat show compliments of Yamaha. The Detroit Boat Show partners with the Oakland County Marine Division to offer this free boating safety class
Space is limited. Pre-registration is recommended. Registration is required. Please be prompt. Allow time to park and find your classroom.
If you have questions, please contact MBIA at (734) 261.0123.
Boats to Buy!
More than 100 of Michigan’s best boat dealers and marine businesses under one roof for 9 days of great prices, selection, and services. Your chance to see new 2018 product, get great prices on new non-current boats, motors, trailers and accessories. Shop hundreds of fishing boats, pontoon boats, cruisers, ski boats wakeboard boats, inflatables and personal watercraft. Also get great prices on water toys, docks, decks, boat lifts, canvas, electronics, accessories and so much more!
The Detroit Boat Show is Michigan’s biggest winter rendezvous
Meet up with boating friends at the TIKI BAR inside the show. Reminisce about great boating trips and plan your next Pure Michigan destination for 2018!
Spin the Wheel of Treasure to win great prizes!
Meet A Mermaid! Bring your camera and take a picture with this beautiful fish out of water.
New Model Introductions
Don’t miss the exciting new boat manufacturer “New Model Introductions.” Dealers will have on display and for sale the latest and greatest 2018 model boats – all types, sizes and for every budget.
Stay tuned for a list of new models being introduced
Detroit Boat Show Gives Back
- WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 21
A Boat Load of Food – Donate 5 canned goods at the door to Gleaners Community Food Bank and receive free admission from 3-6 pm.
- THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 22
Learn more about the Recreational Boating Industries Educational Foundation
High-school and College students can attend the inaugrual Detroit Boat Show Career day for free on Thursday, February 22 from 3-9 pm. Students will meet with exhibitors at the show to learn more about job opportunities in the industry,
- T-Shirt Givewaway – The 2018 Free T-shirt will be revealed shortly! Stop by the information booth and post that you’re at the #detroitboatshow on social media to receive your free shirt! Limited quantities available.
- Rendezvous Weekend – Bring the largest Rendezvous to the boat show to win a free prize package for your group worth $250! Stop by the Information Booth near the show entrance to enter – entire group must be present and show staff will take a group photo for entry.
Broadcast Center Schedule – Coming Soon!
Special Admission Days
- Mon., February 19: Senior Day – seniors 65 and older receive free admission during show hours (11 a.m. – 6 p.m.)
- Tues., February 20: Ladies Day – Ladies get in free.
- Wed., February 21: A Boat Load of Food – Donate 5 cans of food to Gleaners Food Bank between 3 & 6 p.m. to get in free
- Thurs., February 22: Millennial’s Night Out, Career Day, AND Boat Show Gives Back
- Millennial’s 30 and under receive free admission show hours (3 – 9 p.m.)
- The show is also hosting a Career Day for High School and College Students interested in finding out more about careers in the industry, including marine technology!
- Boat Show Gives Back – learn more about the Recreational Boating Industries Educational Foundation, scholarships available, careers in the industry and the thousands of dollars the Foundation gives to Students and Marine Professionals to invest in education.