Mac & The Big Cheese!
Mac and The Big Cheese, best described as the Abbott and Costello of comedy cooking, have been touring nationally since 2004, they have produced 8 DVD’s, their book is a best seller, they have been on NPR, WGN, Travel Channel and Tru TV and hundreds of local TV stations around the country. They are developing their own TV show with Giant Pirates in Los Angeles and have competed and won many cooking competitions around the country.
They bring people together through food and laughter. When you are not laughing you are learning at their shows. Simply the funniest comedy cooking duo ever!
Mac and the Big Cheese will be headlining the Seminar Series on the second weekend of the show, February 17-19.
- February 17 – 5pm & 7 pm
- February 18 – 1pm & 6 pm
- February 19 – Noon, 2:30 pm
The History of Boats and Bathing Suits
Take a stroll through history from the 1920s through today and see the evolution of boats and bathing suits. As the boats get bigger and more advanced, the bathing suits get smaller and more fashionable. This exhibit will be educational and fun with Gar Wood, Chris Craft and Century boats and mannequins sporting bathing suits through the ages. The changes that come through this evolution of the bathing suit will astound people of all ages.
ODNR’s New Personal Watercraft Simulator
Don’t miss your chance to ride the Division of Watercraft’s new Personal Watercraft Simulator. The PWC Simulator is a real jet-powered watercraft mounted on a motion platform, giving the rider a virtual and realistic on-the-water adventure. The purpose of the simulator is not only to provide participants with a fun and interactive experience but also to educate riders on the unique operating characteristics of a jet-propelled vessel. Riders will enjoy the wind in their hair and the waves misting their face all while learning more about using a personal watercraft safely.
ODNR’s boating experts also will be available to provide information on boating skills courses, facilities, destinations, rules, and registration and titling requirements as well as tips to make the most of your boating and fishing season.
Official Boaters Safety Course at the Detroit Boat Show – FREE!
Saturday, February 18 at the Detroit Boat Show
Learn the rules of the water and other helpful safety tips for boating during a free six-hour boating safety seminar. Remember, passing this exam often accounts for discounts on your boating insurance. Participants will receive a free ticket to the boat show compliments of Yamaha. The Detroit Boat Show partners with the Oakland County Marine Division to offer this free boating safety class
Space is limited. Pre-registration is recommended. Registration is required. Please be prompt. Allow time to park and find your classroom.
If you have questions, please contact MBIA at (734) 261.0123.
Anamorphic Chalk Art!
Bring your camera and get a fun picture in these life-like scenes.
Join us for the FREE seminar series on Saturday, February 18. Learn useful tips and tricks for boating, fishing and even cooking – featuring headlining act Mac & The Big Cheese!
Pirate Village – Fun for Scallywag’s of all ages!
- Take a photo in the stockade
- Sand box to dig for buried treasure
- Parrot Toss – Try your hand at tossing a parrot for a friends competition with friends and family
Kids Sailing Simulator
Kids can get a feel for sailing without leaving the show. Certified ASA instructors will be on hand to offer a free sailing lesson and the chance to experience how a small boat reacts to the wind and waves right on the show floor (weight limitations). The simulator is one of only three in the entire US. Designed and built by a nuclear physicist, the Sailing Simulator is the only teaching device of its kind in the US. The simulator recreates the actual movement of a boat under sail and mimicks the waves with wind in the sail. It’s a unique training platform for sailors of all abilities—whether you’re a new boater who wants to learn how to sail or an experienced sailor who wants to practice under different sailing conditions. Stop by and see for yourself how it really feels to sail—without leaving dry land!
Boats to Buy!
More than 100 of Michigan’s best boat dealers and marine businesses under one roof for 9 days of great prices, selection and services. Your chance to see new 2017 product, get great prices on new non-current boats, motors, trailers and accessories. Shop hundreds of fishing boats, pontoon boats, cruisers, ski boats wakeboard boats, inflatables and personal watercraft. Also get great prices on water toys, docks, decks, boat lifts, canvas, electronics, accessories and so much more!
The Detroit Boat Show is Michigan’s biggest winter rendezvous
Meet up with boating friends at the TIKI BAR inside the show. Reminisce about great boating trips and plan your next Pure Michigan destination for 2017!
Spin the Wheel of Treasure to win great prizes!
Crafts! Make an Anchor
Meet A Mermaid! Bring your camera and take a picture with this beautiful fish out of water.
New Model Introductions
Don’t miss the exciting new boat manufacturer “New Model Introductions.” Dealers will have on display and for sale the latest and greatest 2017 model boats – all types, sizes and for every budget.
- Enter to Win $15,000 to Spend at the Show – Hold on to your ticket stub and enter to win $15,000! No purchase necessary to enter. One entry per person. Winner will be notified via email. If no reply is received within 7 days, an alternative winner will be chosen.
- T-Shirt Givewaway – The 2017 Free T-shirt will be revealed shortly! Stop by the information booth and post that you’re at the #detroitboatshow on social media to receive your free shirt! Limited quantities available.
- Win Your own Mermaid Tail – Take a picture with the Mermaid on the weekends of the show and post to social media with the hashtag #DBSMermaid to enter to win a Mermaid Tail Blanket.
- Rendezvous Weekend – Bring the largest Rendezvous to the boat show to win a free prize package for your group worth $250! Stop by the Information Booth near the show entrance to enter – entire group must be present and show staff will take a group photo for entry.
Broadcast Center Schedule
- WCSX Tuesday 2/14 from 3pm-7pm
- WRIF Wednesday 2/15 from 3pm-7pm
- WXYT Thursday 2/16 from 5pm-7pm
- WDTW Friday 2/17 from 5pm-7pm
Special Admission Days
- Mon., February 13: Senior Day – seniors 65 and older receive free admission during show hours (3-9 p.m.)
- Tues., February 14: Ladies Day – Ladies get in free for Valentine’s Day.
- Wed., February 15: A Boat Load of Food – Bring in 5 cans of food for Gleaners Food Bank between 3 & 6 p.m. to get in free
- Thurs., February 16: Millennials Night Out – Millennials 30 and under receive free admission show hours (3 – 9p.m.)